Welcome to Dobele and vicinity!
For more than 760 years, Dobele has been flourishing on the banks of the Bērze River. We say with pride - the Sun lives in Dobele, as our provincial town enjoys most sunny days in Latvia. Dobele is also often called the Metropolis of Lilacs, as it has one of the largest lilac-tree gardens in Europe. In winter, the town turns into a meeting place for the Giant Dobele Snowmen.
Exclusively in Dobele
- One of the largest lilac gardens in Europe
- The Giant Snowmen's Fest
- A well - fountain worthy of a Guinness World Record
- Memorial to the victims of the communistic genocide - the largest one in Latvia
Exclusive in Dobele surroundings
- The largest collection of orchids in Latvia
- The largest collection of mittens in Latvia
- Pokaiņi Forest, the most mysterious place in Latvia
- The largest bunker of nacional partisans in the Baltic States
- The Memorial Museum "Pikšas", a modern farm of Zemgale of the 30ties of the 20th century