The Dobele Municipality is administered by the local government, which by means of elected representatives - the Council, and the institutions formed by the Council, ensure the executing of the functions and tasks provided by law, as well as voluntary initiatives in accordance with the interests of the state and the citizens of the respective administrative territory.
Since the 1st of July, 2021 the Dobele Municipality Council consists of 19 members. Council members are elected for four years. Last elections took place on June 5th, 2021. At present five political parties are represented in the Council.
The Council themselves from among the Council members elect Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson/s of the Council.
Since the 4th of October, 2021:
- Chairman of the Dobele Municipality Council is Mr Ivars Gorskis (Latvijas Zemnieku savienība (LZS))
- Deputy Chairman is Mr Guntis Safranovičs (responsible for education, culture, sports and social issues, LZS).
- Deputy Chairman is Mr Edgars Laimiņš (responsible for economy, development JV).
Dobele Municipality Council
- Mr Ivars Gorskis (LZS), Chairman
- Mr Guntis Safranovičs (LZS), Deputy Chairman - education, culture, sports and social issues
- Mr Ģirts Ante (LZS)
- Ms Sarmīte Dude (LZS)
- Mr Gints Kaminskis (LZS)
- Ms Sintija Liekniņa (LZS)
- Ms Dace Reinika (LZS)
- Mr Andrejs Spridzāns (LZS)
- Ms Indra Špela (LZS)
- Mr Edgars Gaigalis (VL -TB/LNNK)
- Ms Linda Karloviča (VL -TB/LNNK)
- Mr Ainārs Meiers (VL -TB/LNNK)
- Mr Ivars Stanga (VL -TB/LNNK)
- Mr Viesturs Reinfelds (LRA)
- Ms Kristīne Briede (LRA)
- Mr Andris Podvinskis (LRA)
- Mr Edgars Laimiņš (JV)
- Ms Sanita Olševska (JV)
- Mr Māris Feldmanis (KPV LV)
The functions delegated to the local government and the decisions made by the Municipality Council are executed by the Administration of the Dobele Municipality (Executive Director Agris Vilks) and other municipal institutions like the Social Service, the Culture and Sports Department, the Education Department, the Municipal Police, the Orphan's Court and the Adult Education and Business Support Centre.
The local government holds 100% shares in ten companies, that according to the functions delegated to local municipalities, provide different services to the citizens of the municipality, including heating, water supply and sanitation, cleaning of the municipal area, health services, transport services, facilities management, etc.