The Bērze Lutheran Church is an architectural monument of national significance. It was built as a wooden church in 1743 and was rebuilt in 1820. The church is famous for the harmonium built in the 18th century and the bell presented by the president Kārlis Ulmanis to the church where he was baptized and confirmed. During World War II, the church was partly destroyed, the steeple suffered most. The people of Bērze saved the bell, and now it is again back on the steeple of the renovated church.